RTI Desk - RTI-013
RTI 013 - Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India - Regulatory Governance
|Date of Filing||23/10/2018|
|PIO||Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI)|
|Subject||Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India - Regulatory Governance|
|Query||1. Is there a conflict of interest policy published and followed by IBBI in making appointments to its staff, advisory committees, board members. If so, please provide a copy of the same. If not, please provide the reasons for not having them.
2. As a regulator, does IBBI have a conflict of interest policy published for Information Utilities (IUs) licensed by IBBI in making appointments to staff, board members of IU. If so, please provide a copy of the same. If not, please provide the reasons for not having them.
3. Please provide the list of meetings / public consultations held by Technical committee in drafting the Report of the Technical committee on information utilities.
4. Please provide the law under which use of Aadhaar by information utilities as mandated by of IBBI IU technical standards is approved. Further please certify if IBBI is approving of Aadhaar numbers as part of composite keys and technical standards published by IBBI does not violate data protection standards, Aadhaar regulations.
|Response||1. The members of the Board of IBBI are appointed by the Central Government in accordance with section 189 of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016. As regards appointment of members of Advisory Committees of IBBI, selection of members of these Committees are done in accordance with the IBBI (Advisory Committee) Regulations, 2017. With regard to recruitment of employees of the IBBI, the IBBI (Employees Service) Regulations, 2017 are followed. The Code and Regulations made by IBBI are available on the website of IBBI.
2. The registration of Information Utilities is done in accordance with the IBBI (Information Utilities) Regulations, 2017.
3. The details of meeting held by the Technical Committee on Information Utility are as Mentioned below:
i. First Meeting held on 27 May, 2017
ii. Second Meeting held on 8 June, 2017
iii. Third meeting held on 11 July, 2017
iv. Fourth Meeting held on 3 August, 2017
4. The Information sought does not comes under the purview of the definition of information given under section 2 (f) of the RTI Act, 2005.
|Date of Response||20/11/2018|
|Notes||IBBI, Technology Standards, Aadhaar, eSign Regulatory Governance|